Senior Software Engineer
Engineering | Pune, MH, IndiaApply Now!
- Job Duties
· Design and implement new features and maintain existing functionalities
· Work with team and other stakeholders to understand requirements and come up with the best technical solution
· Perform code reviews and ensure coding standards and practices are followed
· Implement and follow agile/scrum processes
· Collaborate with other teams to solve cross-functional challenges
· Optimize code to improve application efficiency
· Ensure team is not creating technical debts
· Taking necessary corrective measures to address problems in the application
· Act as a mentor/coach to other engineers to share your knowledge and expertise
· Bachelor/master's degree in computer science or equivalent
· 5+ years of full stack experience in software design and development
· Experience of building full stack application using C#, .net core and node js.
· Knowledge of architectural styles and design patterns
· Experience in working in an Agile team with hands on with TDD, BDD
Experience of building CI/CD pipelines
· Experience of working on AWS Cloud and DevOps (Terraform, Docker, ECS, Serverless, etc.) would be beneficial
· Experience of monitoring tools like Prometheus, Grafana.
· Experience of building microservices and/or serverless architecture
· Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills to be able to solve complex problems and critical production issues
We're building cloud-based tax compliance solutions to handle every transaction in the world.
Imagine every transaction you make — every tank of gas, cup of coffee, or pair of sneakers, every movie ticket, meal kit, or streamed song, every sensor-to-sensor ping. Nearly every time you make a purchase, physical or digital, there's an accompanying unique and nuanced tax compliance calculation.
The logic behind calculating taxes — the rules, rates, and boundaries — is a global, layered, three-dimensional mess of complexity, with compliance dictated by governments and applied by every business, every day.
Avalara works with businesses of all sizes, all over the world — from corner stores to gigantic global retailers — to calculate tax accurately and automatically, at speeds measured in milliseconds.
That's a massive technical challenge, in terms of scale, reliability, and complexity, and we do it better than anyone. That's why we're growing fast.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and around the world, in Belgium, Brazil, Canada, India, and the U.K.
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, or any other factor protected by law.