Sr. Program Manager - Security (R2617)
Security and Compliance | Seattle, WA, United States,Durham, NC, United StatesApply Now!
Avalara, Inc., (www.Avalara.com), is the leading provider of cloud-based software that delivers a broad array of compliance solutions related to sales tax and other transactional taxes.
What is it like to work at Avalara? Come find out! We are committed to the following success traits that embody our culture and how we work together to accomplish great things: Fun. Passion. Adaptability. Urgency. Simplicity. Curiosity. Humility. Ownership. Optimism.
We are building cloud-based tax compliance solutions to handle every transaction in the world. Imagine every transaction you make - every tank of gas, cup of coffee, or pair of sneakers, every movie ticket, or streamed song, every sensor-to-sensor ping. Nearly every time you make a purchase, physical or digital, there is an accompanying unique and nuanced tax compliance calculation.
We are seeking a highly motivated, experienced Program Manager, Security to join our team.
- Responsible for owning and expanding the security@avalara program.
- Develop and champion program standards as the voice of Avalara Security.
- Create, maintain, and measure work intake and triage processes.
- Responsible for the overall planning, direction, coordination, execution, control, and completion of assigned projects.
- Define and own project scope and objectives from all relevant stakeholders.
- Obtain resource commitments from critical departments or teams.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
- Develop and deliver a detailed project plan to monitor, track, and report on progress.
- Adapt plans based on evolving needs, conditions or issues that may arise and ensure on-time, high-quality delivery aligned with the stated project goals.
- Work strategically and independently with internal groups on multiple simultaneous projects.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
- 5+ years of technical project manager experience with demonstrated understanding of project management processes, artifacts, and tools.
- Strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are required with a demonstrated ability to work with cross-functional teams.
- Proven experience and high levels of confidence communicating at all levels of the organization including Chief-level executives.
- Strong ability to quickly understand and conceptualize processes and procedures.
- Results-oriented with strong time management skills, highly organized, motivated, and driven to succeed.
- Familiarity with security fundamentals (confidentiality, integrity, availability) and core IT infrastructure.
- Professional experience as a program manager within an Information Security group or SaaS business.
- 5+ years of experience in the IT field; security or development a plus.
- Previous experience managing complex program budgets.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science or related field, or equivalent work experience.
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transactional taxes, including VAT, sales and use, excise, communications, and other tax types. We deliver comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions that are fast, accurate, and easy to use.
Avalara offers hundreds of pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications. Each year, the company processes billions of tax transactions for customers and users, files hundreds of thousands of tax compliance documents and tax returns and manages millions of exemption certificates and other compliance related documents.
Avalara’s headquarters are in Seattle, WA and it has offices across the U.S. and in Brighton and London, England; Brussels, Belgium; and Pune, India. More information at: www.avalara.com
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.