Principal Engineer (Unique ID: B-HP-202109)
Engineering | Pune, MH, IndiaApply Now!
Principal Engineer works closely with software engineers, product management and leaders to design and build highly scalable connectors and extractors platform
- Design and implement frameworks and features that are instrumental in building the next generation connectors and extractors for variety of diversified host systems
- Provide technical leadership for new design and evangelise implementing best practices and guidelines
- Participate in design discussions, build POC and contribute to deliver high quality products/features/frameworks
- Ensure team is not creating technical debts
- Taking necessary corrective measures to address problems and anticipating problem areas in new designs and work
- Focusing on security aspects, observability, scalability and telemetric
- Lead discussions with stakeholders on requirements and design aspects related to key technical components, frameworks, interfaces etc.
- Be an author to document architectural decisions, designs, comparisons and analysis of the exploration
- Act as a mentor/coach to other engineers to share your knowledge and expertise
- Bachelor/master's degree in computer science or equivalent
- 12+ years of full stack experience in software design and development
- Expert in one or more of the programming languages - Node.js / PHP / Python / Ruby
- Knowledge of architectural styles and design patterns
- Experience of architecting, building and deploying (CI/CD) highly scalable distributed systems and frameworks for small businesses and enterprises
- Experience of working on AWS Cloud and DevOps (Terraform, Docker, ECS, etc.) would be beneficial
- Experience of converting monoliths to microservices or serverless architecture
- Should be self-motivated with focus on automating everything
- Should own both the design and implementation of solutions for complex problems
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills to be able to solve complex problems and critical production issues
We're building cloud-based tax compliance solutions to handle every transaction in the world.
Imagine every transaction you make — every tank of gas, cup of coffee, or pair of sneakers, every movie ticket, meal kit, or streamed song, every sensor-to-sensor ping. Nearly every time you make a purchase, physical or digital, there's an accompanying unique and nuanced tax compliance calculation.
The logic behind calculating taxes — the rules, rates, and boundaries — is a global, layered, three-dimensional mess of complexity, with compliance dictated by governments and applied by every business, every day.
Avalara works with businesses of all sizes, all over the world — from corner stores to gigantic global retailers — to calculate tax accurately and automatically, at speeds measured in milliseconds.
That's a massive technical challenge, in terms of scale, reliability, and complexity, and we do it better than anyone. That's why we're growing fast.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and around the world, in Belgium, Brazil, Canada, India, and the U.K.
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, or any other factor protected by law.