Lead ServiceNow Developer
Information Technology | Remote, OH, United StatesApply Now!
Avalara, Inc., (www.Avalara.com), is the leading provider of cloud-based software that delivers a broad array of compliance solutions related to sales tax and other transactional taxes.
What is it like to work at Avalara? Come find out! We are committed to the following success traits that embody our culture and how we work together to accomplish great things: Fun. Passion. Adaptability. Urgency. Simplicity. Curiosity. Humility. Ownership. Optimism.
We are building cloud-based tax compliance solutions to handle every transaction in the world. Imagine every transaction you make - every tank of gas, cup of coffee, or pair of sneakers, every movie ticket, or streamed song, every sensor-to-sensor ping. Nearly every time you make a purchase, physical or digital, there is an accompanying unique and nuanced tax compliance calculation.
We are seeking a highly motivated, experienced Sr. ServiceNow Developer to join our team.
Avalara's Service Management team has an exciting opportunity to create and build a new and enhanced ServiceNow environment and provide a simplified employee support experience for our entire global enterprise. Here you can use your technical expertise to drive transformative, scalable and reliable solutions.
The Senior ServiceNow Developer will be the architect and technical Lead responsible for the architecture, development, administration and rollout of new solutions within the ServiceNow platform.
The Senior ServiceNow Developer will work with internal customers, members of the ServiceNow team and external implementation partners to design, test, document, and deploy enhancements, fixes, and configuration changes needed to support the enterprise.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Lead the development and configuration of a variety of areas including, but not limited to Service Portal, Service Catalog, Incident, Problem, Change, Knowledge, Release / SDLC, Asset Management, Configuration Management (CMDB), Project, Time Cards, Mobility, Reporting and Performance Analytics
- Collaborate with a global team to scope and design solutions for documented business and technical needs, with an emphasis on / preference for minimizing customization
- Offer technical solutions to address complex requirements.
- Evaluate alternative solutions, identify the best option and implement the solution.
- Design, develop and configure workflows, forms, scripts and underlying logic using SCRUM / Agile methodologies
- Formulate and implement a Quality Assurance strategy, with solutions for unit, system integration, regression and user acceptance testing
- Develop architecture, design and coding standards for the development teams to follow. Participate / conduct code walkthroughs
- Lead ServiceNow version and patch upgrades.
- Lead the evaluation and rollout of new applications and solutions in ServiceNow
- Build the technical framework to support distributed development on the platform
- Design and rollout a DevOps framework to accelerate development and rollout of solutions on the ServiceNow Platform
- Lead Automation efforts on the platform
- Analyze, troubleshoot, and remedy identified system issues
- Provide on-call support when Production issues occur
- Coach and oversee the activities of ServiceNow Support and Development resources based offshore
- Hands-on experience in implementing, configuring and customizing Web Technologies (XML, HTML, JAVA Script, AJAX, CSS, HTTP, etc.)
- Requires a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related areas. In lieu of Bachelor's degree, extensive familiarity with the field's concepts, practices and procedures is required
- 6+ years of experience working with IT Service Management solutions in an enterprise environment
- 4+ years of ServiceNow development / implementation / administrative experience
- Strong understanding of the ServiceNow Application Suite covering ITSM, ITOM and ITBM areas
- Strong grounding in fundamentals of web application development (identity, security etc.).
- Experience working with Shell Scripting and Mid Server Service Administration
- Experience working with structured data, schema and databases
- Experience integrating internal and external (SaaS based) applications using RESTful APIs, OAuth 2.0 and GraphQL
- Exposure to Identity Management and Single Sign on/Active Directory integrations
- Experience with Agile and Scrum development approaches
- Knowledge of ITIL concepts
- Superior attention to detail with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to understand complex business needs and adapt appropriately
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technologies applicable to the ServiceNow platform
- Experience working with large global / multinational corporations
- Certified ServiceNow Administrator, Certified ServiceNow Developer, Certified ServiceNow Implementation Specialist
- ITIL v3 or ITIL 4 Certification or equivalent practical experience
- Relevant software development certifications.
- Experience maintaining version control systems (Git etc.)
- Experience with Automation and DevOps Practices
- Comfortable leading in both technical and organizational contexts
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transactional taxes, including VAT, sales and use, excise, communications, and other tax types. We deliver comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions that are fast, accurate, and easy to use.
Avalara offers hundreds of pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications. Each year, the company processes billions of tax transactions for customers and users, files hundreds of thousands of tax compliance documents and tax returns and manages millions of exemption certificates and other compliance related documents.
Avalara’s headquarters are in Seattle, WA and it has offices across the U.S. and in Brighton and London, England; Brussels, Belgium; and Pune, India. More information at: www.avalara.com
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.