Tax Compliance Solutions, Product Manager
Product Management | Sao Paulo, SP, BrazilApply Now!
Product Managers work with Avalara’s product teams, engineering teams, and business leaders to define the future direction and scope for our tax return and compliance services. These services are the backbone of our compliance services and critical to Avalara’s end-to-end product offerings.
Avalara’s motto is “Tax compliance done right.” The rise of digital commerce and international trade, coupled with constantly shifting taxation and reporting obligations imposed by the global patchwork of local, regional, state, and national taxing authorities, has created a tremendously complex and onerous compliance burden for businesses of all sizes
Avalara’s mission is to provide solutions for this challenge, allowing companies to focus on their core operations. Weprovide a leading suite of cloudbased solutions designed to improve accuracy and efficiencyby automating the processes of determining taxability, identifying applicable tax rates, determining and collecting taxes, preparing and filing returns, remitting taxes, maintaining tax records, and managing compliance documents. Our vision is to be the global cloud compliance platform.
We are looking for a passionate, results-oriented, and inventive Product Manager to help us on the development of our product offerings for partners spanning multiple ERPs and including the product Avalara Returns for Accountants - ARA.
ARA is the Avalara’s Brazil Cloud-based solution that support Accounting firms on their core service, more specifically, tax reporting and accounting process. The solution handles specific requirements of tax compliance for Municipal, State and Federal levels, summed to that, it is also part of its core scope the Brazilian statutory accounting reporting and key accounting reports (Balance Sheet, P&L). Always aiming a better user experience, ARA uses API’s to ease the data input process. It consists of a dataset from a wide range of market ERP’s that encompasses all GL, Financial, Chart of Accounts and transactional data (order-to-cash and purchase-to-pay) to deliver period-end processing and compliance reporting for corporate taxpayers.
As the Product Manager, you will be responsible to interact with internal and external stakeholders mapping market needs and key development opportunities that will drive our tax compliance solutions to be even more adherent to our current and upcoming partners. Additionally, will define sensitive technical aspects of our product, accounting, and income taxes related, delivering clear requirements that our Engineers will consider through development phase. This position will be accountable for grooming our backlog of stories and effectively write those user stories, setting its acceptance criteria and business goals. In addition, you will interact with multiples stakeholders through our organization and ecosystem, thus, the right candidate must have solid experience working cross-functionally in an Agile development environment, demonstrating ability to successfully influence stakeholders without formal authority. The technical proficiency is sensitive for this role, so, be comfortable understanding and discussing tax technical concepts is a must have item. Excellent organizational and presentation skills with the ability to successfully interact and influence across functions at all levels of an organization and with customers. This role will be responsible for “bringing the voice” of accounting firms to lead our developments always aiming deliver products that will delight our customers.
What you’ll do....
- Work with customers to understand their needs
- Be / become an expert in your product’s space
- Articulate a clear and compelling product strategy that synthesizes customer needs, market dynamics, and business requirements
- Create prioritized roadmaps that deliver customer value
- Define metrics that measure the success of products, and use these metrics to drive business outcomes
- Develop clear, detailed, and actionable product requirements in partnership with Design / UX
- Serve as agile product owner to ensure engineering execution aligns with your roadmap
- Build alignment and collaborate effectively with other internal stakeholders to ensure effective customer-facing launches and a great end-to-end customer experience
- Drive strategic cross-product and cross-functional initiatives that will help transform Avalara’s business and improve the customer experience
What you’ll bring to the role....
- 8+ years overall professional career experience with a mix of startup and big company perspectives
- 5+ years experience as a SaaS product manager leading products at multiple lifecycle stages; facing multiple business challenges such as high growth, quick time to market, quality, and technology migrations; and serving customer bases that span small business owners, SMB, and enterprise as well as mass-market and vertical niches
- Experience with agile development methodologies, the Product Owner role, and commonly used tools such as Jira, Confluence, etc.
- Experience with customer journey maps to create end-to-end customer experience within a product
- Demonstrated experience partnering cross-functionally, including with executives and other internal stakeholders driving business outcomes
- Ability to deliver product requirements appropriate for the project at hand
- Strong attention to detail
- Hands-on experience using major analytics tools; SQL experience is a plus
- Team player who is able to drive results through influence and enthusiasm
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, with experience conducting executive-level briefings and demos both internally and with customers
- Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field (accounting, business, or computer science); MBA desirable
- Experience with tax automation products, ERP, eCommerce, and other financial accounting systems
- Familiarity with accounting and transaction tax compliance concepts (i.e., sales tax returns)
- Experience working with partners and 3rd party developers
Where you will work….
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transactional taxes, including VAT, sales and use, excise, communications, and other tax types. We deliver comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions that are fast, accurate, and easy to use.
Avalara offers hundreds of pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications. Each year, the company processes billions of tax transactions for customers and users, files hundreds of thousands of tax compliance documents and tax returns, and manages millions of exemption certificates and other compliance related documents.
Avalara’s headquarters are in Seattle, WA and it has offices across the U.S. and in Brighton and London, England; Brussels, Belgium; and Pune, India. More information at: www.avalara.com
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.