Senior Data Analyst
Operations | Brighton, United Kingdom,Remote, United KingdomApply Now!
The Senior Data Analyst is responsible for working with multiple stakeholder groups and delivering a strategic business analysis service.
This role will be key to understanding the operational challenges and providing appropriate business solutions to improve efficiency and promote growth. Working closely with and mentoring the Data Insights team, you will use your skills to enhance the service provided and implement technical solutions to operational, financial and technological risks.
Providing accurate and reliable data made easily available to users for direct consumption or integration with other systems is part of our 2021 vision.
The ideal candidate will have experience working closely with complex data sets and deriving insights from statistical techniques. An understanding of database management and coding would be advantageous.
Please note we can offer flexible / remote working for this role.
- Create reports, visualisations and dashboards.
- Develop reports and Implement best practices for BI, analytics, KPIs and SLA metrics.
- Proficiency in statistical analysis, quantitative analytics, forecasting/predictive analytics, multivariate testing, and optimisation algorithms.
- Act as an escalation point for all complex data queries and supporting the data team in managing senior stakeholder expectations from various functions.
- Demonstrate ability to deliver high quality business analysis objectives and adhere to tight and at times competing deadlines.
- Skilled in creating accurate technical documentation and providing leadership to team members through collaboration, identifying and initiating projects and driving the resolution of issues.
- Identify, create and facilitate process design changes at a complex level.
- Translating the business requirements into functional specifications that can be used to design and implement solutions to meet the business objectives.
- Deliver against agreed plans with Avalara partners and third parties to support in developments, opportunities and maintaining existing relationships.
- Python Programming skills.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel.
- Strong written and verbal communication, problem-solving and executive presentation skills.
- Program management, change management, release management and self-service BI proficiency.
- Bachelor degree in computer science, maths, business or engineering and/or equivalent work experience.
- Experience of accurately gathering requirements from a diverse stakeholder group, including, elicitation, documentation, and methodology development.
- Ability to work independently supporting senior leadership with determining and presenting business solutions.
- Knowledge of database management systems (SQL Server, Oracle, Microsoft Access).
- Significant experience in reporting, dashboards and data visualisation (Power BI).
- Experience of Snowflake.
- Finance, Accounting or VAT experience.
- Program management skills.
- Experience of Alteryx (or similar tools).
We're building cloud-based tax compliance solutions to handle every transaction in the world. Imagine every transaction you make — every tank of gas, cup of coffee, or pair of sneakers, every movie ticket, meal kit, or streamed song, every sensor-to-sensor ping. Nearly every time you make a purchase, physical or digital, there's an accompanying unique and nuanced tax compliance calculation.
The logic behind calculating taxes — the rules, rates, and boundaries — is a global, layered, three-dimensional mess of complexity, with compliance dictated by governments and applied by every business, every day.
Avalara works with businesses of all sizes, all over the world — from corner stores to gigantic global retailers — to calculate tax accurately and automatically, at speeds measured in milliseconds. That's a massive technical challenge, in terms of scale, reliability, and complexity, and we do it better than anyone.
That's why we're growing fast. Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and around the world, in Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Germany, India, Romania and the U.K.
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.
Avalara is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to job applicants with physical or mental disabilities. Applicants with a disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can follow this process outlined when applying for a position: Please provide your name and contact information to our recruitment team at recruitmentEMEA@avalara.com