Senior Machine Learning Engineer
Engineering | Chennai, Chennai, IndiaApply Now!
We are building cloud-based tax compliance solutions to handle every transaction in the world. Imagine every transaction you make - every tank of gas, cup of coffee, or pair of sneakers, every movie ticket, or streamed song, every sensor-to-sensor ping. Nearly every time you make a purchase, physical or digital, there is an accompanying unique and nuanced tax compliance calculation.
- Develop new features and do enhancement in full stack
- Utilize AWS resources efficiently
- Exposure to devops
- Implementing CI/CD and TDD
- Program and maintain that the code matches the industry standards
- Develop, test and deploy integrations required to meet business requirements
- Understand existing codebase and identify improvement area
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- Strong software development skills
- Familiarity with devops
- Navigate an existing codebase comfortably
- Able to ship features on a weekly basis: should be good at time management and prioritization
- Able to keep up with technological advancements
- Good skills on algorithms, collections and data structrues
- Use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Understand the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making
- Give full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times
- Exposure to machine learning solutions in Classification and Text processing
- Experience in working on machine learning projects
We're building cloud-based tax compliance solutions to handle every transaction in the world.
Imagine every transaction you make — every tank of gas, cup of coffee, or pair of sneakers, every movie ticket, meal kit, or streamed song, every sensor-to-sensor ping. Nearly every time you make a purchase, physical or digital, there's an accompanying unique and nuanced tax compliance calculation.
The logic behind calculating taxes — the rules, rates, and boundaries — is a global, layered, three-dimensional mess of complexity, with compliance dictated by governments and applied by every business, every day.
Avalara works with businesses of all sizes, all over the world — from corner stores to gigantic global retailers — to calculate tax accurately and automatically, at speeds measured in milliseconds.
That's a massive technical challenge, in terms of scale, reliability, and complexity, and we do it better than anyone. That's why we're growing fast.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and around the world, in Belgium, Brazil, Canada, India, and the U.K.
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, or any other factor protected by law.