Sr. Product Manager – Salesforce Communities (R2991)
Product Management | Seattle, WA, United StatesApply Now!
Avalara, Inc., (www.Avalara.com), is the leading provider of cloud-based software that delivers a broad array of compliance solutions related to sales tax and other transactional taxes.
What is it like to work at Avalara? Come find out! We are committed to the following success traits that embody our culture and how we work together to accomplish great things: Fun. Passion. Adaptability. Urgency. Simplicity. Curiosity. Humility. Ownership. Optimism.
We are building cloud-based tax compliance solutions to handle every transaction in the world. Imagine every transaction you make - every tank of gas, cup of coffee, or pair of sneakers, every movie ticket, or streamed song, every sensor-to-sensor ping. Nearly every time you make a purchase, physical or digital, there is an accompanying unique and nuanced tax compliance calculation.
We are seeking a highly motivated, experienced Sr. Product Manager – Prospect, Customer & Partner Engagement to join our team.
Avalara is going through a rapid growth phase worldwide. To support this growth, Avalara is increasing its focus on digital assets and experiences to drive better engagement, conversion and satisfaction across the lifecycle.
As our Sr. Product Manager, you will be responsible for defining and launching digital content, tools and experiences that drive greater engagement with visitors and better satisfaction with our customers & partners.
Our ideal candidate is a strategic, organized, forward-looking performer, who can articulate a vision and build momentum behind it. You are comfortable navigating complexity, influencing diverse stakeholders and can effectively partner with commercial and technical teams to drive solutions. You lead by example, have a customer first mindset, a sense of urgency, and an exceptional ability to foster collaboration. If that sounds like you, we want to talk to you.
- Define how public content, tools and community based interactions can drive value for our prospects, customers and partners
- Build consensus on e2e solutions and define a compelling roadmap to continuously drive value
- Drive delivery working with commercial and engineering teams
- Be rigorously data driven in defining solutions and measuring outcomes
- Collaborate with Marketing, Sales, Legal, Customer Success, Business Development and other product teams to drive adoption and process enhancements
- Champion the customer and customer value
- 5+ years experience in product management or equivalent, preferably in B2B SaaS and/or eCommerce
- Demonstrated experience with the Salesforce Cloud Communities platform proficient at translating business needs with the platform's functional capabilities
- Experience leading the strategic vision implementing Salesforce Communities in a complex, matrixed environment
- Track record of leading products from inception through launch, in a complex cross domain environment
- Prior experience with one or more of the following areas using modern digital techniques is a huge plus
- Lead generation and prospect engagement
- Customer and / or partner engagement
- Customer and / or partner support
- Understanding of UI and API driven workflows and experience defining full stack experiences
- Experience driving visitor engagement and customer satisfaction using content, tools and compelling UI experiences
- Experience with agile development methodologies and tools
- Demonstrated experience partnering cross-functionally, including external partners
- Strong attention to detail
- Team player who can drive results through influence and enthusiasm
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, with experience conducting executive-level briefings and demos both internally and with customers
- Bachelor's Degree in technology, business, accounting, or equivalent; MBA desirable
- Experience in digital marketing and prospect engagement
- Experience launching self service customer support
- Experience with fintech, accounting or tax technology products
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transactional taxes, including VAT, sales and use, excise, communications, and other tax types. We deliver comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions that are fast, accurate, and easy to use.
Avalara offers hundreds of pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications. Each year, the company processes billions of tax transactions for customers and users, files hundreds of thousands of tax compliance documents and tax returns and manages millions of exemption certificates and other compliance related documents.
Avalara’s headquarters are in Seattle, WA and it has offices across the U.S. and in Brighton and London, England; Brussels, Belgium; and Pune, India. More information at: www.avalara.com
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.