Staff Security Engineer
Security and Compliance | Pune, MH, IndiaApply Now!
The successful candidate for the Staff Security Engineer role will assist in the deployment and administrative support of the SIEM. You will be responsible for helping identify and deliver required security logs into the SIEM, assist in troubleshooting and system upkeep. In addition, you will serve as the subject matter expert for various security programs and tooling. You will be responsible for maintain documentation, driving and communicating metrics, and cross-training peers.
- Onboard data sources in SIEM and design and build rules and dashboards to implement customer use cases
- Create detailed technical process documentation
- Review API documentation and connect third-party services to SIEM
- Provide deployment and configuration services for the SIEM
- Develop automation, tooling, and security controls to strengthen defenses or mitigate risks
- Determine technical solutions to address security weaknesses and work across teams at Avalara to refine your plans, obtain buy-in, and implement mitigating controls or technologies
- Assist Incident Handlers, including iterative development, testing, and improvement of existing incident response procedures
- Draft, acquire executive endorsement, and enforce security standards
- Work autonomously as well as in team environments, often in stressful, high impact situations
- 10+ years in a security tools deployment
- Experience configuring, managing, and using one or more SIEM (Splunk/QRadar) products, highly desired
- 5+ years experience in network security
- Working knowledge of version control systems like GIT
- Familiarity with at least one query language like SQL, MySQL, SPL, etc.
- Experience working with REST and other third-party API integrations
- General understanding of security infrastructure and related technologies (proxies, firewalls, email filtering technologies, and network intrusion detection systems)
- Experience with cloud providers such as AWS, Microsoft Azure, and GCP nice to have
- Ability to use ticketing systems like ServiceNow and JIRA
- Experience and knowledge of network protocols, packet flow, TCP and UDP traffic
- SOC experience, highly desired