Bulgarian VAT invoice requirements
Date of issuance and storage of Bulgarian invoices
Bulgarian VAT invoices must be issued at the time of the taxable supply. Invoices must be stored for ten years. Bulgaria permits the use of electronic invoices under certain conditions.
Bulgarian invoice requirements
Invoices must contain at least the following information:
- Date of issuance
- A unique, sequential number
- VAT number of the supplier
- Customer’s VAT identification number in Bulgaria or BULSTAT number
- Full address of the supplier and customer
- Full description of the goods or services provided
- Details of quantities of goods, if applicable
- Unit prices, if applicable
- A date of the supply if different from the invoice date
- The net, taxable value of the supply
- The VAT rate(s) applied, and the amount of VAT broken out by rate
- Reason for application of an exemption, reverse charge or zero rate
- Indication of any margin scheme applied and why this scheme applies
- The gross, total amount of the invoice
Latest Bulgarian news
November 5, 2018
Bulgaria is to increase the threshold declaration threshold from 1 January 2019...
September 5, 2018
Bulgaria is introducing a range of VAT amendments to further harmonise its rules with the EU VAT Directive, recent ECJ rulings and other priorities....
January 13, 2018
Overview This release is a maintenance release of the VAT Reporting application for December 2017. It includes new reports for 2017 yearly filings and...
- Czech Republic
- United Kingdom