Italian VAT reverse charge
The reverse charge mechanism is designed to reduce the frequency with which companies trading across Europe must VAT register. It works across the EU. Italy uses the reverse charge system less than most other EU states.
When is the Italian VAT reverse charge used?
The reverse charge mechanism is applied in the following circumstances:
- Non-resident supplier with IT VAT number and customer is resident with IT VAT number
- The supply of services to an Italian VAT registered business (2010 VAT package).
- Other various minor situations.
Need help with your Italian VAT compliance?
Researching Italian VAT legislation is the first step to understanding your VAT compliance needs. Avalara has a range of solutions that can help your business depending on where and how you trade.
Latest Italian news
February 16, 2019
Italy has proposed making marketplaces the deemed supplier and VAT principal on B2C sales below €150 by third party sellers. It will apply to consumer electronics, such as mobile phones, video games, tablets, games consols etc. It covers imports from non-EU, third countries.
February 15, 2019
Italy has postponed the deadlines for the last 2018 Spesometro and the first 2019 Esterometro to 30 April 2019.
January 25, 2019
The European Commission (EC) has proposed switching from unanimous to majority voting on EU VAT and other tax policies. The aim is to progress fiscal reforms which face immovable opposition from just a limited number of member states.
- Italian VAT registration
- Italian VAT returns
- Italian VAT rates and VAT compliance
- Italian VAT invoice requirements
- Italian VAT reverse charge
- Italy consignment call-off stock VAT
- Italian VAT recovery
- Italian intrastat
- Italian EC sales lists (ESL)
- Italian Spesometro Declaration
- Italian Esterometro Declaration
- Italian SdI real-time e-invoices
- Czech Republic
- United Kingdom