Cyprus VAT invoice requirements
Cyprus VAT rules on the format and information to be provided on invoices broadly conform with the obligations of the EU VAT Directive and its VAT invoice requirements.
Date of issuance and storage of Cyprus invoices
Cyprus VAT invoices must be issued at the latest six months after the taxable supply. Invoices must be stored for eight years. Cyprus, like all EU member states, now permits the use of electronic invoices under certain conditions.
Cyprus invoice requirements
Invoices must contain at least the following basic information:
- Date of issuance
- A unique, sequential number
- VAT number of the supplier
- Full name and address of the supplier and customer
- Full description of the goods or services provided
- Details of quantities of goods, if applicable
- A date of the supply if different from the invoice date
- The net, taxable value of the supply
- The VAT rate applied, and the amount of VAT
- Reference to a triangular transaction
- Details to support zero VAT – export, reverse charge or intra-community supply
- The total, gross value of the invoice
Need help with your Cypriot VAT compliance?
Researching Cypriot VAT legislation is the first step to understanding your VAT compliance needs. Avalara has a range of solutions that can help your business depending on where and how you trade.
Latest Cypriot news
January 25, 2019
The European Commission (EC) has proposed switching from unanimous to majority voting on EU VAT and other tax policies. The aim is to progress fiscal reforms which face immovable opposition from just a limited number of member states.
January 09, 2019
The EU VAT Directive has been updated from 1 January 2019 to introduce a voluntary generalised reverse charge measure on domestic transactions in member states.
December 28, 2018
Following agreement by EU member states to permit cutting the VAT rate on e-books and online journals to match the reduced/zero rating permitted on their paper-based equivalents, the following countries have already announced reductions...
- Czech Republic
- United Kingdom