Spanish VAT reverse charge
The reverse charge mechanism is designed to reduce the frequency with which companies trading across Europe must VAT register. It works across the EU. Spain uses the reverse charge system less than most other EU states.
It allows any transactions to be recorded through the VAT return of the customer, so alleviating the need for the foreign supplier to VAT register in Spain.
When is the Spanish VAT reverse charge used?
The reverse charge mechanism is applied in the following circumstances:
- Buying and selling goods in Spain if the original supplier and customer are Spanish VAT registered
- The supply of services to a Spanish VAT registered business (2010 VAT package).
- Supply of certain types of power.
- Other various minor goods.
Latest Spanish news
November 24, 2018
Spain is to extend its live Immediate Information Supply (SII) regime to the Canary Islands from 1 January 2019...
July 27, 2018
Overview This release is a maintenance release of the VAT Reporting application for the month of July. It includes changes in reporting documents, SII...
June 29, 2018
Overview This release is a maintenance release of the VAT Reporting application for the month of June. It includes changes in reporting documents, SII...
- Spanish VAT reverse charge
- Spanish VAT registration
- Spanish VAT returns
- Spanish VAT rates and VAT compliance
- Spanish VAT invoice requirements
- Spain consignment call-off stock VAT
- Spanish VAT recovery
- Spanish intrastat
- Spanish EC Sales Lists (ESL)
- Suministro Inmediato de Información (SII)
- EU VAT on digital services
- Czech Republic
- United Kingdom