Spanish VAT invoice requirements
Date of issuance and storage of Spanish invoices
Spanish VAT invoices must be issued at the time of the taxable supply for non-taxable persons. For taxable customers, they may be issued by the 16th of the month following the supply. Invoices must be stored for four years. As with all EU states, Spain permits the use of electronic invoices under certain conditions.
Spanish invoice requirements
Invoices must contain at least the following basic information:
- Date of issuance and of the transaction, if different
- A unique, sequential number
- VAT number of the supplier
- Full address of the supplier and customer
- Full description of the goods or services provided
- Details of quantities of goods, if applicable
- Unit prices, if applicable
- Details of any discounts provided
- The net, taxable value of the supply
- The VAT rate(s) applied, and the amount of VAT broken out by rate
- The gross, total amount of the invoice
- Where any foreign currency is used, the rates must be clearly identified
Simplified invoices for transactions below €400 may be issued.
Latest Spanish news
March 03, 2019
The Spanish tax authorities are warning UK companies of the obligation to appoint a local fiscal representative for compliance and reclaims in the event of a no-transition deal Brexit on 29 March 2019...
January 25, 2019
The European Commission (EC) has proposed switching from unanimous to majority voting on EU VAT and other tax policies. The aim is to progress fiscal reforms which face immovable opposition from just a limited number of member states...
January 09, 2019
The EU VAT Directive has been updated from 1 January 2019 to introduce a voluntary generalised reverse charge measure on domestic transactions in member states.
- Spanish VAT reverse charge
- Spanish VAT registration
- Spanish VAT returns
- Spanish VAT rates and VAT compliance
- Spanish VAT invoice requirements
- Spain consignment call-off stock VAT
- Spanish VAT recovery
- Spanish intrastat
- Spanish EC Sales Lists (ESL)
- Suministro Inmediato de Información (SII)
- EU VAT on digital services
- Czech Republic
- United Kingdom