2019 state sales tax rates
Click below for up-to-date state sales tax rates and resources.
State sales tax information
As the leader in sales tax compliance, Avalara offers state sales tax rate files for free as an entry-level product for companies just getting started with sales tax compliance.
- Visit our state sales tax rate table download page.
- Select all the states for which you want to download sales tax rates tables by clicking on the state name. Selected states appear in orange while unselected states appear in blue.
- After you are finished selecting states, click "Continue".
- Fill out the form to verify your download request and click “Download rate tables”.
- You will be provided individual links to each of the states you have selected for download. Simply click the link and your rate table download will begin.
State tax rate file downloads are delivered in Comma Separated Value forms, also known as "CSV". We include an image showing what such a file looks like.
Here is a sample screenshot of the download, opened in Excel
The rate file is provided in a comma-separated file format known as "CSV". This can be opened in a spreadsheet application such as Excel or Google Sheets, or manipulated to a compatible format to upload into accounting, ERP or e-commerce software.
The following fields are included in each state sales tax rate file:
- TaxRegionCode (Unique Identifier)
- CombinedRate (Total Sales Tax Rate)
Yes, each additional taxing level beyond the City, State and County is included in the SpecialRate field. It is a combined value. For additional taxing level information, please contact the Avalara support team.
The rates are updated monthly at the end of a calendar month for the upcoming month. To receive updates, you should simply return to place an order and receive links to download the updated files via email.
For information on more robust sales tax solutions, or if you have other questions, contact us.