Florida state sales tax rate6%
* Due to varying local sales tax rates, we strongly recommend using our Florida sales tax calculator to determine the exact sales tax rate for your location.
Florida sales tax information
The Florida (FL) state sales tax rate is currently 6%. Depending on city, county and local tax jurisdictions, the total rate can be as high as 8%.
In the state of Florida, all sellers of tangible property or goods (including leases, licenses, and rentals) are required to register with the state and file and pay sales tax. To file and remit online, you may use an approved vendor, such as Avalara TrustFile, or enroll in the e-Services program and track payment due dates yourself.
Remote sellers participating utilizing Fulfillment by Amazon warehouses in Florida have established nexus and are required to collect sales tax. Remote sellers may also establish "economic nexus" in Florida should they satisfy either of the following two conditions in the previous calendar year:
- Conducts 200 or more separate retail sales of tangible personal property or taxable services for delivery in Florida; or
- Conducts any number of retail sales of tangible personal property or taxable services for delivery in Florida in an amount exceeding $100,000
Florida sales tax guide for businesses
Our free, online guide covers all aspects of managing Florida sales tax compliance. Topics include:
- Business registration
- Collecting sales tax
- Filing sales tax returns
- State nexus obligations
- And more!
Florida sales tax calculator
Enter a valid address below and get the sales tax rate for the exact location
Why can't I just use the ZIP code?
- There are often multiple sales tax rates per ZIP code, county, and city.
- ZIP codes often overlap, or become subsets of other ZIP codes, or represent no geographic region at all.
- ZIP codes aren't stable. In any given year, the USPS makes numerous boundary changes to ZIP code areas.
For the most accurate sales tax rate, use an exact street address.
Your sales tax rate
Combined Tax Rate%
What do these tax rates mean?
The combined tax rate is the total sales tax rate of the jurisdiction for the address you submitted.
The jurisdiction breakdown shows the different sales tax rates making up the combined rate.
While most taxable products are subject to the combined sales tax rate, some items are taxed differently at state and local levels. Be sure to apply the correct sales tax rate to your sale.
The rates presented are current for the date and time you submitted the address, but may change at any time with new tax legislation.
Calculate your total amount
See your sales tax rate applied to any item price
How to use this sales tax rate
Determine who's responsible to collect and remit the sales tax amount.
Determine if your product or service is taxable in the responsible party’s jurisdictions.
Apply the sales tax rate shown above to your taxable product or service’s value.
Florida sales tax resources
Need to know which sales tax rates in Florida are changing? Check out our tax rate change tracker for details.
This one-page guide to Florida sales tax covers collection, filing, and due dates. Think of it as your compliance cheat-sheet.