Oklahoma sales tax changes, January 2018
- Sales Tax Rate Changes
- Dec 30, 2017 | Gail Cole
The new year is bringing higher sales and use tax rates to several localities in Oklahoma.
Effective Jan. 1, 2018:
- Boley will increase sales tax from 3 to 5%
- Midwest City will increase sales and use tax from 3.85 to 4.6%
- Oklahoma City sales and use tax will jump from 3.875 to 4.125%
- Pryor sales and use tax will rise from 3.75 to 4%
- Major County sales and use tax will increase from 1.25 to 1.75%
- Pontotoc County sales and use tax will jump from 0.125 to 0.313%
The above rates are in addition to the 4.5% state rate. See the Oklahoma Tax Commission for more details, including reporting codes.
Changes in sales and use tax complicate compliance for businesses. Tax automation software helps simplify it. Learn more.