Greece 4 month VAT payment deferment for coronavirus
- Mar 30, 2020 | Richard Asquith
The Government of Greece has introduced a number of tax measures to help businesses cope with the COVID-19 epidemic. These include:
- A Value Added Tax rate cut from the standard 24% rate to 6% on medical products related to the epidemic;
- For businesses affected by the outbreak, VAT payments due up to 30 April is posponed until 31 August 2020; and
- Any outstanding VAT at 11 March will not need to be paid until 31 August 2020.
- The filing of 2019 sales lists has been delayed to 30 June 2020.
Follow Avalara’s live global coronavirus Covid-19 VAT measures tracker.